Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Defiant Apology from the Picture Lady

Dear H's Mama,

Sorry to be so slack in blog posting lately. I offer the following excuses.

- I had to wipe my computer and reinstall everything and haven't yet reinstalled the camera software so I can't get the pictures in the living room, where we hang out since it is a safer zone than the dangerous cords and sharp edges of the office. Now that H is more mobile, that matters.

- I got sick. You know all about it since I gave it your husband and son, and Leah, who you have breakfast with a few times a week. 

- Lately, Leah and H have been coming home, eating lunch and immediately taking a nap. I don't want to take pictures of them sleeping because then they might wake up. I live in fear. Fear of awake babies who don't let me eat lunch and enjoy season 1 and 2 of Newsradio courtesy of Netflix. 

- A couple of times, H wouldn't take a nap and then I couldn't work on the computer because instead of taking a nap he wanted to CRY and CRY so then we had to take a walk, so he wouldn't CRY and CRY anymore.

- H takes his naps in the office where I need to post blogs. This plays on that fear of waking up babies.

- I had to do my actual job. Can you believe they actually expect me to meet deadlines just because they pay me? Sometimes they're all like, "get your work done" and I'm all like, "but what about blogging?" and they're like, "blog shmog, who pays for T-Days huh? How do you pay for that high speed internet? Darn straight, it's us" and I'm like, "fine, but I'm taking a nap first".

Even if you don't think any of the above listed reasons are good, I know you'll relate to this one. I choose naps. If I can take a nap, I will. And I know you will too. If it makes you feel better, I also gave up balancing the checkbook, doing dishes and laundry and just cleaning my house in general. I think I may pick those back up this weekend. Maybe not.

Here's a picture of you're sons butt.




Love,

Lady Bell

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was someone picking on you today? Because it wasn't me.

Unknown said...

worry less about my wrath, and more about the wrath from your other loyal readers.
You are spot on with the nap thing. You know how I feel.
The butt thing at the end really got me.

Anonymous said...

Dear Picture lady,

I think you gave me your illness through the phone when we last spoke. Now I'm sick, have lots of children running around me, and have to clean my house. That's no fair.

Love,

Auntie Em