Wednesday, June 18, 2008

H's All New Adventures With The New Old Picture Lady





Dear Mamma,
I had high hopes when you told me that I would be spending my summer with a different babysitter.  You can imagine how shocked I was when you dropped me off and I was at the old pictures lady's house.  You know, the lady who watched me last summer and dressed me up and took pictures.  I don't think that I need to remind you of these...




I wish that you could just send me to someone who doesn't find it entertaining to take pictures of me.  The new old picture lady says that I am here to amuse her.  She makes Baby Leah spend the whole day in her Johnny Jump Up.  She says that Baby Leah has to keep production at The Baby Fun Factory up to quota.  It's called a Baby Fun Factory.... I thought that meant it was supposed to be fun.  I guess its one of those names that is the exact opposite of what it is like The Clean Skies Act or No Child Left Behind.



I thought that nothing could be more boring than the picture lady's spread sheets and time sheets.  Oh, how wrong I was.  The new old picture lady read me "The Three Little Pigs".  Then she ask me how The Big Bad Wolf and The Great Gatsby are examples of the death of the American Dream.  I told her that both characters are trying to possess things that were never theirs to possess in the first place, thus the American Dream is dead to them.  Then she asked "Can you back your argument up with quotes from the text?"  Can you believe that Mamma?  I am a baby and I can't even read.  I thought that my answer was pretty impressive for a baby.  

I also thought that I was getting away from little dogs.....but NO.... the new old picture lady has a little dog too.  This dog is not white.  It is black with fuzzy hair and it follows me around the house hoping for treats.  I made the mistake of giving her one of my goldfish crackers and now she won't stop following me.  It's like I'm The Greatful Dead.  All I want to do is play in the curtains, which is my new favorite pass time, and here comes that fuzzy black thing wanting more treats.
The new old picture lady says that she will be gone for awhile.  I certainly hope that you can come up with somebody funner before she gets back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear H, I don't know what you're complaining about, because the new old picture lady's house isn't nearly so baby proofed as the old picture lady's house. Doesn't non-baby proof = funner?

Unknown said...

I was sipping water when I hit the part about the Great Gatsby. There is now water all over my desk and keyboard now.

April Yarnold said...

Dear H, It's nice to see that you are having such fun with the new old picture lady. She will treat you good. From what I understand, she isn't nearly as evil as the old picture lady.

karin said...

Why did I NOT see this post? And why did I NOT see those photos before?

H- There is a pool at the new old picture lady's house- that is funner.